A project that allows users to create accounts and add projects as well as vote for other users projects based on design, usability and content.
An IDE such as VS code with Python version 3 installed,a terminal and a browser.
Setup and Instruction
- Clone the repository at here.
- Extract and open the folder on VS code or navigate to the folder on your terminal.
- On the terminal, create a virtual environment
python3 -m venv virtualand activate it
source virtual/bin/activate. NB virtual is the name of the environment.
- Pip install dependancies highlighted on the requirements.txt by running
pip install -r requirements.txt
- Create a start.sh file in the root directory of the folder and define the secret key, email configuration.
chmod +x start.shand
./start.shrespectively on the terminal.
- View the application on your browser through
Behaviour Driven Development
BDD focuses on how the user will interact with the application. What you will see and experience:
- Landing page with various projects from different users. A navigation bar as well with home, login and register routes.
- Create an account with a unique username,an email and password. You will receive an email and redirected to login, you'll be required to login to vote for any project.
- User can also create and update their profile.
- Profile view displays users projects, click on the image to view more details of the project and get access to a live link.
- Click on the upload project svg to add a project for others to view.
To fix a bug or enhance an existing module, follow these steps:
- Fork the repo
- Create a new branch (git checkout -b improve-feature)
- Make the appropriate changes in the files
- Add changes to reflect the changes made
- Commit your changes (git commit -am 'Improve feature')
- Push to the branch (git push origin improve-feature)
- Create a Pull Request
Copyright (c) 2022 Emmaculate Kamau
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.